Tea & Tales with Allan Foster – July
Join us for a guided tour of the Hall – with a difference – and with guides Keith Jones and Allan Foster.
Former Senior Guide at nearby Fountains Abbey (and retired lecturer on Astrophysics) Dr Keith Jones will introduce the long and varied history of Markenfield, the Markenfield and Grantley families, and how these two families shaped the history of this most-special of family homes.
Long-term Tenant Farmer, Allan was born and grew up living in the Hall before moving across the Courtyard to the newly-converted Farmhouse Wing in the 1960s. No-one can tell a tale like Allan, so come along and discover what it was like growing up in one of the oldest, continuously inhabited houses in England and his stories of life on the farm and of living in the post-War Hall.
24 in stockEmail to a friend
- Self confidence and self esteem
- Growing in self awareness and finding the real you
- Communicating assertively and resolving conflict
- Learning to say NO
- Mindfulness meditation and self confidence and self esteem
- Mindfulness meditation
- Brain areas involved in mindfulness meditation
- Buddhism and its relationship to mindfulness
- Gratitude and its relationship to mental well being
- Perception and thinking styles
- Acceptance as a strategy for peace of mind
- Guided meditation practice